Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chicken Taco Soup

Tonight was another yummy contest recipe. My favorite thing about this one was that it was made in the crock pot which is always nice. We had a chicken taco soup recipe that was ok but we like this one better. I ate mine with a teeny bit of non-fat sour cream and a few hint of lime chips (not the dorito kind but a really yummy kind I found at sunflower market) and I thought those were the perfect toppings. After I finished I thought I should have used some avocado but it was still great. This is one you can make over and over. Yummy. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Source: Emily Mann, Sacramento, CA
Course: Soup
Serves: 8

Ingredients

  • 2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
  • 3 cups water
  • ¼ cups taco seasoning (I use the kind from Costco)
  • 1 15 oz can stew-cut tomatoes
  • 1 15 oz can kidney or black beans
  • 1 cups frozen corn
  • 1 4 oz can diced green chilies
  • 2 chicken breasts cut into large chunks

Directions

  1. 1. Add tomato sauce, water, and taco seasoning to a large Crockpot and stir until seasoning is blended well.
  2. 2. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on high fro 4-5 hours, or low 7-8 hours.
  3. 3. Take out the chicken chunks with tongs and shred with forks, returning chicken to the Crockpot.
  4. 4. Serve with your desired toppings.

Topping Suggestions:
 Tortilla Chips, crushed
 Shredded cheese
 Sour Cream (Fat Free of course)
 Avocado or guacamole
 Chopped tomatoes or Pico de Gallo
 Anything else you like on your tacos (except I don’t recommend lettuce)


Amount Per Serving (without toppings)

Calories: 250

Fat: 2g

Carbohydrate: 30.7g

Protein: 27.4g

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Glad you liked it. Its a creation we will definitely make again!

    ReplyDelete