Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lazy Lasagna

Like I've said on here before I have a weakness for lasagna. The only problem I have is that I grew up as a Stouffer's girl and I prefer it to homemade. I search and search for a lasagna that can rival the amazingness that is Stouffer's and this my friends is it! It tastes almost like an exact match!! So easy, so cheap and SO yummy! Both Thing 1 and Thing 2 ate this and enjoyed it. Next time I think I will split it into 2 pans and freeze half for another time. So far my favorite lasagna. 5 out of 5 stars.

Source: Cooking Light
Serves: 9

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground round
  • 1 (26 ounce) jar low-fat spaghetti sauce
  • 1 (16 ounce) package fat-free cottage cheese
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • cooking spray
  • 1 (8 ounce) package precooked lasagna noodles
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat mild Cheddar cheese
  • Chopped fresh parsley optional

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cook meat in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well, and return meat to pan. Add sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
  3. Combine cottage and Parmesan cheeses in a bowl; set aside. Spread 1/2 cup meat mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over meat mixture; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup meat mixture, and 1/3 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining meat mixture over noodles.
  4. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Amount Per Serving

Calories: 275

Fat: 6.2g

Cholesterol: 43mg

Sodium: 584mg

Carbohydrate: 26.1g

Fiber: 1.9g

Protein: 21.8g
 

No comments:

Post a Comment