Friday, May 27, 2011

Prosciutto, Pear and Blue Cheese Sandwiches

Yes, that is my half eaten sandwich you are looking at. In a desperate attempt to have something to blog tonight I had husband take a picture of my sandwich half way through eating it. We were invited to a spur of the moment family picnic at the park tonight so we decided to ditch our plans for dinner and do sandwiches and wraps. A fine decision in my opinion. I saw this sandwich in an add in my Cooking Light magazine and tracked it down online. It has all the flavors I love (and possibly flavors only I love) and is fairly simple to make. For time sake I threw the bread in the toaster instead of broiling which I will try next time. I left out the butter and the pepper and swapped gorgonzola crumbles for the blue cheese. I give it 4.5 out of 5 but plan to re-rate it when I make it again for our anniversary picnic in a week. I hope to get a better picture next time too!

Recipe from Cooking Light
Serves: 4

Ingredients

  • 8 slices 100% multigrain bread
  • 1 tablespoon butter softened
  • 3 cups arugula
  • 1 medium shallot thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
  • 1 ripe pear cored and thinly sliced
  • 2 ounces blue cheese sliced

Directions

  1. Preheat broiler. 2. Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking sheet; broil 3 minutes or until toasted. Turn bread slices over; spread butter evenly over bread slices. Broil an additional 2 minutes or until toasted. 3. Combine arugula and shallot in a medium bowl. Drizzle arugula mixture with oil and vinegar; sprinkle with pepper. Toss well to coat. Divide arugula mixture evenly among 4 bread slices, buttered side up; top evenly with prosciutto. Divide pear slices and cheese evenly among sandwiches; top each sandwich with 1 bread slice, buttered side down.
Amount Per Serving

Calories: 324

Fat: 13.8g

Cholesterol: 26mg

Sodium: 706mg

Carbohydrate: 36.4g

Fiber: 9.7g

Protein: 15g


No comments:

Post a Comment