Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mediterranean Pasta Salad

Last night was girl's night so we made a girly meal. This Mediterranean Pasta Salad was good but I think our proportions were a little off. Some bites were great and other's not so good. Too many artichoke hearts in my opinion. I think I will make it again sometime and scale back on some of the more powerful flavors. I will definitely add more tomatoes, asparagus and kalamata olives. I do recommend it though. One change, I roasted the asparagus instead of boiling it since I think the texture is better when roasted. I just did 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Somewhere between 3 and 4.5 stars (depending on which bite you are judging.)

Recipe from Cooking Light
Serves: 3

Ingredients

  • 1/2 9 oz package refrigerated rainbow three cheese tortellini
  • 1 quart water
  • 1/4 pound asparagus spears trimmed
  • 1/3 cup chopped red pepper or roasted red pepper, depending on preference
  • 1 ounce Pepper Jack cheese cut into 1/4 inch cubes
  • 6 drained canned quartered artichoke hearts
  • 8 grape tomatoes or 3 seeded and diced tomatoes
  • 8 black or kalamata olives
  • 2 thin slices prosciutto cut crosswise into strips
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
  • 3 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette

Directions

  1. 1. Cook pasta in 1 quart boiling water 6 minutes. Add asparagus to boiling water, and cook 1 minute. Drain in a colander, and rinse with cold water until cooled. Drain.
  2. 2. While pasta and asparagus cook, combine bell pepper and next seven ingredients into large bowl. Add tortellini and asparagus; toss gently.
Amount Per Serving

Calories: 304

Fat: 16.2g

Cholesterol: 28mg

Sodium: 876mg

Carbohydrate: 29.7g

Fiber: 2.2g

Protein: 11.2g

No comments:

Post a Comment