Saturday, March 24, 2012

Open-Faced Hummus Sandwiches

Sometimes I am a mean wife and plan things that I know Husband won't like just because I want them and I make the meal plan. This is definitely one of those things. I had thought maybe, just maybe he might like it but alas, no dice. He couldn't even finish it. I, on the other hand, LOVED it. The whole thing ended up blowing up in my face when I could not restrain myself from eating the rest of his sandwich when he didn't finish. That'll teach me. So here's the thing about this recipe... If you like all of the ingredients you will absolutely love this if not you probably won't like it at all. I give it a 5 out of 5 stars. We won't talk about what Husband would give it...

 

Source: Cooking Light

Serves: 4

Ingredients

  • 4 (1 1/2-ounce) slices sourdough bread
  • 1 1/2 cups quartered grape tomatoes
  • 1/3 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 garlic clove minced
  • 1 (8-ounce) container plain hummus
  • 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese

Directions

  1. Preheat broiler.
  2. Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until toasted. (Or put it in the toaster like we did...)
  3. Combine tomatoes and next 6 ingredients (through garlic). Spread about 1/4 cup hummus over each bread slice. Divide tomato mixture evenly among servings. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese.
Amount Per Serving

Calories: 358

Fat: 20.1g

Cholesterol: 7mg

Sodium: 811mg

Fiber: 4.3g

Protein: 12.3g

No comments:

Post a Comment