Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kid-tastic Pizzadillas

I'm not gonna lie, I have yet to try this recipe. It's not really my cup of tea. That being said this recipe satisfied the pickiest kid eater I know so you know it's a winner. Beware of the cook times given in the recipe because they are far too high. Instead of 5 minutes on each side once it's folded I did 3 and it came out perfect. Since I didn't eat it I can't rate it so I have to trust my sweet picky niece who said "100 out of 5" stars.
Source: Cooking Light
Serves: 4

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
  • 1 12 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1 ounce turkey pepperoni
  • 1 cup marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400°.
  2. Brush canola oil over a jelly-roll pan, and top with tortillas. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese over each tortilla, and divide the pepperoni among tortillas. Top each with 3 tablespoons cheese. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and carefully fold each tortilla in half. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until browned and crisp, turning after 5 minutes. Serve with marinara.
Amount Per Serving

Calories: 308

Fat: 15.5g

Cholesterol: 37.3mg

Sodium: 849mg

Fiber: 11g

Protein: 17.6g


No comments:

Post a Comment