Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pineapple Chicken Satay

"On Saturday he ate through one piece of chocolate cake, one ice cream cone, one pickle, one slice of swiss cheese, one slice of salami, one lollipop..."
Hey give me some credit, it's a chicken lollipop! And it is SO good!!! Pardon the absence of our caterpillar friend in the picture we forgot until after I devoured all the food. We used tiny pieces of meat so I ended up eating more than 2 (not saying how many) but I think it added up to the same amount. Just be careful with this because it is hard to stop eating. The funny thing is that I normally am a wuss when it comes to spice but I enjoyed ever bead of sweat rolling down my face while I ate it. I seriously even licked the sauce bowl. That is the BEST part! My sister in law makes a mean peanut sauce but she adds more ingredients and does it over the stove. I think this is an easy yummy alternative although I might scale back on the chili sauce next time to tone it down. The pineapple mixture is also very spicy because of the cayenne pepper. Thing 1 enjoyed the chicken without any of the side stuff so I do call this kid friendly. I will definitely make this again with much larger pieces of chicken. Yummy. 5 out of 5 stars.
Source: Cooking Light

Serves: 4

Ingredients

  • 14 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
  • 14 cup sweet chili sauce (such as Mae Ploy)
  • 14 cup natural-style crunchy peanut butter
  • 2 teaspoons peanut oil
  • 12 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 pound chicken breast tenders cut lengthwise into 8 pieces
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 12 cups diced pineapple
  • 13 cup vertically sliced red onion
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 18 teaspoon ground red pepper

Directions

  1. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. 2. Place peanut oil, curry powder, and chicken in a bowl; toss to coat. Thread chicken onto 8 (6-inch) skewers. 3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. 4. While chicken cooks, combine 1 1/2 cups pineapple, 1/3 cup red onion, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper. Serve chicken with soy sauce mixture and pineapple mixture.
Amount Per Serving

Calories: 330

Fat: 11.9g

Cholesterol: 66mg

Sodium: 528mg

Carbohydrate: 22.7g

Fiber: 2.2g

Protein: 31.2g


No comments:

Post a Comment